2012年5月12日星期六

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 216 Makeu

the makeup and beauty blog monday poll

  • You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
    Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
  1. Mood:
    A little tired because I haven’t slept well in a couple days (pre-trip jitters), but other than that, I feel great.

    I’m so excited about Kauai! Hiking, snorkeling, surfing, swimming. Maybe we’ll get in a little kayaking, too.

  2. Breakfast for dinner: yay or nay?
    Yay! Sometimes I get weird cravings for scrambled eggs or french toast , and I just never know when they’re gonna strike.
  3. Can you salsa dance?
    Nope, but I can fake it if my partner knows what they’re doing. I went to a salsa club meeting years ago with my girlfriends and ended up dancing with some dude who knew how to do all those turns and lifts. What a blast!
  4. One of your favorite places for a makeup/beauty break?
    Sephora and Target are my usual haunts (because they’re both about 5 minutes away).
  5. Have you ever written/composed a piece of music?
    Once in high school band, and it was really hard for me. We had to write and then perform our own instrumentals in front of the class.

    Mine was on the piano, which I played for years, and I guess I did okay. After hearing the piece, my teacher (who was also very kind) suggested I look into doing movie scores, LOL!

    Yeah, okay.

  6. Do you play video games?
    Puzzle ones, absolutely, but I’m not a hardcore gamer like a couple of my friends are. I’ve played a lot of Bejeweled at long, boring family functions (seriously, how did people survive those things before smart phones?).
  7. A silly movie you love?
    Night at the Roxbury! So dumb. But that’s one I can (and have) watched dozens of times. “Roxbury. Roxbury. ROXBURY!” Haha! I’m way too easily amused…

    OOH! The The Wedding Singer is also right up there.

  8. If you could wear a t-shirt right now with the phrase of your choice printed on it, what would the phrase be?
    “Hold on for one more day!”

    (Guess who’s been listening to a lot of Wilson Phillips lately.)

  9. What’s one thing in your makeup bag right now?
    MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42. Love it! I use it to cover dark spots from old blemishes along my chin. Stuff covers everything, and it’s so easy to apply.
  10. Weekly goals:
    To pack and get everything ready for the trip by tomorrow, so I won’t be scrambling at the last minute; to squeeze in a couple more runs; to load up on echinacea tea and Emergen-C (I always do it before and while I travel); lavish extra lurvies on Tabs before we leave (he’ll be holding down the fort here with a substitute assistant).

Hello and happy Monday, friend. :) I hope you slept well last night, but if not, well, don’t worry! A little time spent doing something fun — like maybe today’s Monday Poll? — and you’ll be right as rain.

Grab your mug of tea, and let those fingers do the talking.

  • To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.



1. Mood:
2. Breakfast for dinner: yay or nay?
3. Can you salsa dance?
4. One of your favorite places for a makeup/beauty break?
5. Have you ever written/composed a piece of music?
6. Do you play video games?
7. A silly movie you love?
8. If you could wear a t-shirt right now with the phrase of your choice printed on it, what would the phrase be?
9. What’s one thing in your makeup bag right now?
10. Weekly goals:

Don’t forget to treat yourself to something nice this week, even if it’s just a quick mid-day latte from the coffee shop around the corner. It’s important!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论