2012年5月13日星期日

It’s About Time with JK Jemma Kidd I-Sculpt Shado

Advertisement



jk jemma kidd i sculpt

As a busy woman with about a bazillion bits and bobs on her to-do list, I greatly appreciate products that help me save time when I’m getting ready in the morning. Products like the three new dual-tipped I-Sculpt Shadow and Liner sticks ($17 each) from JK Jemma Kidd.

Convenient! Just line with the slanted side, flip, and pat some shadow on your lids with the sponge tip applicator on the other end.

BAM! Ready in a flash, like a covert cosmetics ninja with a secret beauty weapon.

Thanks to the purple Shadow and Liner duo, codename Kings Rd (pretty!), I actually had a few extra minutes of free time this morning to spend on other things…

jk jemma kidd i sculpt

Like practicing jazz hands…



And listening to a few more songs on iTunes…


Apparently, I listen to a LOT of Sheryl Crow

And having an extra cup of green tea (sipped through a straw, of course)…

And taking Tabs outside for an unscheduled photo shoot (and snapping pics of him while Informer bumped in the background)…


Licky-boom-boom-down!

Because the texture of the eyeliner is quite hard, I ended up having to use several layers to reach a level of opacity I liked. Then, I patted the shadow side directly on my lids with the applicator sponge.

It’s a different look for me and not something I’m used to; very rock ‘n roll — messy, and a little undone, like Kesha (or maybe Alice Cooper in his heyday). Altogether, even with the multiple eyeliner layers, it only took a couple of minutes to do.

jk jemma kidd i sculpt

jk jemma kidd i sculpt shadow
From the left: Kindg Rd soccer jerseys, Carnaby St and Mary Q

jk jemma kidd i sculpt
From the left: Mary Q, Carnaby St and Kings Rd

jk jemma kidd i sculpt swatches
Swatches of the eyeliner, eyeshadow and eyeshadow atop eyeliner from the left: 1) Kings Rd, 2) Carnaby and 3) Mary Q

Unfortunately, the look didn’t last much longer than the song did before I started to notice some creasing. I’m serious. We’re talking no more than 5 minutes.

Hmm…

Maybe it was due to the heat today; my normally dry lids have been a little oilier than usual, but I don’t know… If you’ve given these a try, I’d love to hear your results.

Jemma, guuuuurl, I applaud your intentions, and I think you did a great job with these colors and the sleek, convenient packaging, but for reasons unknown, I-Sculpt doesn’t last on my lids for squat.

jk jemma kidd i sculpt

jk jemma kidd i sculpt

PRICE: $17 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Target stores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RAGTING: C-

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论