2012年4月29日星期日

Neutrals and Comfort

,Nike Air Max LTD Womens

>> If you have seen me in the last few days, I've either been mute, raspy or having a nose bleed.  None of which are attractive and the latter of which would certainly not have boded well with the outfit below.   I must apologise if I seemed distracted, grouchy or looking like I might drop off... I was in fact all of those things and I blame a certain lurgy that has overtaken my body since coming back from New York - still have not got that trick of going straight from plane to shows quite right yet.  My mode of dress reflected my state of mind - dulled with the need to feel comfortable.  So if at London, you expected some exciting outfit japes, alas, it wasn't to be... phlegm, blood and other bodily fluids got in the way...

I do need to talk about some newbies/oldies though that have come in to my life... like this ASOS White coat that yes, adds me to the camel coat camp that people have been so eagerly trend-spotting on the streets.  You can't see but this jacket has some lovely brown suede elbow patches too which somehow makes me feel even more protected.  This also marks the first Crombie-style coat to my wardrobe...

"A Crombie coat is a three-quarter length, usually wool, overcoat. It is named after the company Crombie (also known as J&J Crombie), although not all coats known as Crombies are made by that company. Starting in the late 1960s or early 1970s, Crombie-style coats were popular within the skinhead and suedehead subcultures, although very few skinheads would have been able to afford a new Crombie brand coat. Crombies were also fashionable among some mods, who saw them as a stylish item of clothing that enhanced their clean-cut image."

015-lfw-19_101021467188
(ASOS White Crombie coat, Christopher kane dress, Liberty print shirt underneath, vintage polka dot trousers, Opening Ceremony x Dr Martens boots,handbags outlet, Lynn Cockburn belt, Tory Burch bag) Photograph by Phil Oh for Voguebeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuy.com

Then there's this Jil Sander chunky chunky one-sleeved ribbed jumper from the A/W 09 collection that is just sculpturally magnificence defined as well as being a bargain that I scored at the Barney's Warehouse Sale for $100.  I read $400 on the faded tag and asked the lady to recheck and she said it was $100 - I had to ask her three times to reaffirm that.  Then I squealed and jumped for joy at the checkout - or was it a skip?  I don't remember... needless to say I'll be back in the last weekend skirmage of the sale next time...

Susie1
(Jil Sander ribbed navy one-sleeved jumper,soccer team jerseys, Christopher Kane dress, Heikki Salonen trousers, 80%20 boots)

Finally there's this old military trench that my dad gave me aaaaages ago that I had stuffed in a paperbag somewhere, lost and forgotten until recently when I just lopped off the sleeves.  I'm actually waiting to add new and more embellished sleeves to it but instead I've taken to wearing it in its mid-DIY stage...

IMG_5654
(Vintage sleeveless trench, KZO knit jacket, Balenciaga dress - another Barneys Warehouse sale steal, Topshop tunic underneath, Tabio socks, Acrobats of God shoes, Tory Burch bag, Lynn Cockburn belt)

All photographs above by Phil Oh of Street Peeper

Close-ups of how closely attached I am to my Blackberry and my very new and surprisingly comfortable Acrobats of God wooden wedge shoes courtesy  of Tommy Ton for Stylebeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuy.com.

Tommyt1

Tommyt2

没有评论:

发表评论